- Beyond India’s quest for a neoliberal order, The Washington Quarterly 40:2 (2017): 145-161 [pdf, link].
- The strategist: how Abu Mus’ab al-Suri inspired ISIS, Observer Research Foundation Occasional Paper No. 96, August 2016 [pdf, link].
- Games Pakistanis play, Observer Research Foundation Occasional Paper No. 91, May 2016 [pdf, link].
- A geoeconomic strategy for the new normal, Observer Research Foundation Occasional Paper No. 89, February 2016 [pdf, link].
- Will Xi adopt Keynes? Post-2015 military spending and economic growth in China, Observer Research Foundation Occasional Paper No. 85, January 2016 [pdf, link].
Mathematics and theoretical physics
- Ranks of gauge groups and an NP-complete problem on the Landscape [arXiv:1212.3912]
- Dimension, divergence and desingularization [arXiv:1209.1257]
- Motives: an introductory survey for physicists [with Matilde Marcolli]. Contemporary Mathematics, 539, 377- 415, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 2011 [pdf, link].
- Turing’s Landscape: Decidability, computability and complexity in string theory [arXiv:0909.1869]
- Supermanifolds from Feynman graphs [with Matilde Marcolli]. Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical 41:315402, 2008 [pdf, link].
- C*-algebra approach to quantum SU(2) groups [pdf]. Master of Science Thesis, University of Connecticut, 2005.
- Modelling systemic risks in financial markets [SSRN]. 9th Global TACTICS, Tata Consultancy Services, 2013.
- A dynamical similarity approach to the foundations of complexity and coordination in multiscale systems [arXiv:q-bio/0403026]. University Scholar Thesis, University of Connecticut, 2003.
Essays and briefs
- Political and economic governance [with Samir Saran], Realising the BRICS Long-Term Goals: Road-Maps and Pathways — A Proposal by the BRICS Think-Tank Council, August 2017 [book].
- The four faces of 21-st century Asian geopolitics, Observer Research Foundation Issue Brief No. 178, May 2017.
- India is not changing its policy of no first use of nuclear weapons, War on the Rocks, March 29, 2017.
- Getting India’s world right, Swarajya, March 2017. Also available online here.
- Thomas Schelling and the Golden Age of American strategy, ORF Expert Speak| Atlantic Files, December 19, 2016. (Reprinted in Swarajya, December 22, 2016.)
- The other legacy of Robert McNamara, War on the Rocks, June 10, 2016.
- The new economy of climate change, Observer Research Foundation Special Report No. 12, April 2016.
- BRICS to rebuild the house [with Samir Saran], ORF Primer 2016, ed. Ritika Passi, Observer Research Foundation, April 2016 [book].
- Asian connectivity and its geoeconomic imperatives, 2016 Raisina Files: Connecting Asia, Observer Research Foundation, March 2016 [book]. Also in Firstpost, March 1, 2016.
- Balance in a tilted, technicolour world [with Samir Saran], 2016 Raisina Files: Connecting Asia, Observer Research Foundation, March 2016 [book]. Also in Firstpost, March 1, 2016.
- Navigating the changing geoeconomic landscape [with Prashant Kumar], Observer Research Foundation Special Report No. 8, January 2016.
- The road from Bandung: India and Africa in the evolving global order, Common Futures: India and Africa in Partnership, eds. Abhijnan Rej and Tanoubi Ngangom, Observer Research Foundation, October 2015 [book].
- The evolution of global risks: The first decade of World Economic Forum Global Risks Reports, Global Policy, June 25, 2015.
- Emerging from debt, creating jobs: Lessons from Greece, JustJobs Network, July 2015. [This report was featured in The Nation and Kathimerini.]
- Is Australia safe from the dark side of high frequency trading?, Tata Consultancy Services White Paper Series, June 2013.
- Resizing Osama bin Laden, Open, Web Exclusive: April 30, 2012. Print: May 14, 2012.
Analysis, opinion, and book reviews
- How India Thinks About The World Through Ideas And Reality, Swarajya, September 23, 2017.
- India’s clever use of the Brics card in Dokalam, Mint, August 31, 2017.
- Beyond Doklam: India needs to overhaul its trade-friendly grand strategy on China, ThePrint, August 22, 2017.
- Deadlock over Doklam: The Sino-Indian standoff in Bhutan, IAPS Dialogue, July 8, 2017.
- Why Doklam and Bhutan matter, Hindustan Times, July 4, 2017.
- The rise of null politics, Asian Age, March 15, 2017.
- The Hamlet question returns: Is Donald Trump merely playing crazy or. . .?, Swarajya, February 24, 2017.
- India and China: Does the Elephant read the Dragon right?, Swarajya, February 3, 2017.
- Trump and the techie, ABPLive, February 1, 2017.
- Donald Trump is no liberal — but not a realist either, Swarajya, January 31, 2017.
- Predicting what American foreign policy will look like under the Mattis-Trump combine, Firstpost, January 13, 2017
- Pakistan tests Babur III missile: How should India interpret this latest move?, Firstpost, January 10, 2017.
- Turkey is the canary in the coal mine, forecasting whether the West-led liberal order has a future, Times of India, December 22, 2016.
- US President-elect Donald Trump’s generals Part 3: John Kelly and the narco-terror nexus, Firstpost, December 21, 2016.
- Russian Ambassador to Turkey assassinated: What does this mean for regional stability?, Firstpost, December 20, 2016.
- US President-elect Donald Trump’s generals Part 2: Michael Flynn’s war on Islamism, Firstpost, December 19, 2016.
- US President-elect Donald Trump’s generals Part 1: Why 9/11 will shape what follows 11/9, Firstpost, November 30, 2016.
- Motormouth Manohar Parrikar almost nukes India’s NSG bid with needless boast, Firstpost, November 11, 2016.
- US elects Donald Trump as President: How he handles China, Russia will be interesting, Firstpost, November 9, 2016.
- At the middle kingdom’s core: Xi Jinping anointed “core” Chinese leader but his strategy reveals a contradiction, Times of India, November 1, 2016.
- Month after surgical strikes: Appraisal of India’s new strategy of dealing with Pakistan, Firstpost, October 28, 2016
- MNS’ aggressive stand can wreck PM Narendra Modi’s new Pakistan policy, Firstpost, October 25, 2016.
- Brics Summit: India must bide time to deal with China as relationship with Pakistan hit a new low, Firstpost, October 14, 2016.
- The alphabet soup in Goa [with Samir Saran], Hindu, October 13, 2016.
- Surgical strikes along LoC puts South Asia on cusp of new India-Pakistan dynamic, Firstpost, September 30, 2016.
- Indian Army attack across LoC using surgical strikes meant to probe Pakistan’s threshold for escalation, Firstpost, September 29, 2016.
- Brics Summit in Goa: Ahead of 8th conference, the bloc must focus on institution-building [with Samir Saran], Firstpost, September 19, 2016.
- Situating the Uri terror attack within Pakistan’s strategy of provocation and escalation, Firstpost, September 19, 2016.
- BRICS, globalisms, and the return of the state [with Samir Saran], ORF Expert Speak| Raisina Debates, August 31, 2016. (Shorter version in the Economic Times, August 31, 2016.)
- Narendra Modi’s Independence Day take on Balochistan is a foreign policy milestone, Firstpost, August 16, 2016.
- On Independence Day, Narendra Modi pokes Pakistan with Baloch, Gilgit, PoK: Big shift, Firstpost, August 15, 2016.
- Al-Qaeda 2.o? Meet Abu Mus’ab al-Suri and his grand strategy for the Islamic State, Firstpost, August 8, 2016.
- Geopolitics and geoeconomics – India’s tightrope, The Interpreter, July 28, 2016.
- Getting real about the Middle Kingdom, ORF Expert Speak|Raisina Debates, July 21, 2016.
- India would win with Trump, National Interest, May 26, 2016.
- Policy short-sightedness exacerbates India’s water crisis [with Samir Saran], The Interpreter, May 6, 2016.
- Banning surge pricing is bad economics [with Prashant Kumar], Business Standard, April 22, 2016.
- Building new alliances with BRICS [with Samir Saran], The Hindu, March 25, 2016.
- The JNU fracas is actually a crisis for the Right, Scroll, February 21, 2016.
- Engage the Dragon on Balochistan [with Samir Saran], Times of India, February 4, 2016.
- G20 Turkey Summit: Towards resilience, recovery and sustainability, ORF Commentary, November 10, 2015.
- War and peace in a nonstate world, Global Policy, December 10, 2013.
- Is innovation predictable?, Wired, November 25, 2013.
- Models and markets, Open, Web Exclusive: May 30, 2009. Print: June 05, 2009.
Common Futures: India and Africa in Partnership, with Tanoubi Ngangom, Observer Research Foundation, October 2015. ISBN: 978-81-86818-13-8.